What is the Toilet Training Program?
The ‘Let’s Talk about Toileting’ workshop series aims to upskill parents and carers to support their children through their toilet training journey in a comfortable and safe way. Throughout the program we will dig deeper into understanding the anatomy behind toileting, the interoceptive sense and support you in developing a plan going forward.
Who is this program for?
The program is designed for parents/carers with children planning to begin toilet training or in the midst of the toilet training process.
What are the objectives of the program?
- To develop family’s knowledge about the toilet training process
- To develop family’s skills in creating a safe and positive environment for toileting
- To develop a plan to support the toilet training process unique to the family
- To provide individualised support in the home to ensure continuity of strategies within the home
- To provide a safe community to ask questions and share experiences
What does the program look like?
- 3x parent sessions between 1.5 hours (2 hours for the 3rd session)
- 2x optional home visits**
- A group chat forum to ask questions, share experiences and troubleshoot with our occupational therapist
When and where is the program?
- Friday mornings fortnightly 9.30 -11am (11.30am final session).
- The program is held at Fit Kidz Early Learning Centre, Dural South
Who runs the program?
‘Let’s Talk About Toileting’ is facilitated by one of our Occupational Therapists.
How can I enrol my child in the program?
Contact us to enrol your child for our Let’s Talk about Toileting program.